1. That Baraga is pronounced BEAR-aga, not Ba-RAH-ga.
2. That the flight pattern of the Nighthawk is fascinating to watch
3. That the town of Michigamee is "where the moose run loose"
4. That the town of New Allouez is the home of baseballer George Burnet
5. That the town of Champion has been voted (I don't know by whom) as having the best fire department
6. That the Keewenaw Brewing Company makes a great tasting beer
7. That Michigan's highest elevation is 1979 feet on top of Arvon Mountain, located in Baraga County
8. That Julia Child said: "Diet food is what you eat while you are waiting for the steak to be ready."
9. That in the Western UP there are many more Packer fans than Lions fans.
10. That Native American tribes have their own license plates--we've seen one for the Keewenaw tribe and one for the Ojibwa tribe
1 comment:
Interesting trivia as always. Regarding # 9, I don't blame them and I may join them if the Lions fortunes don't improve soon.
Herm
Post a Comment