Sunday, September 11, 2005

Family reunion

We arrived in Pigeon Forge on Thursday afternoon and settled in to our “cabin” in the woods. Both of Len’s sisters are here with their husbands. We have been celebrating each person's 60th birthday in turn at different venues and are here to celebrate brother-in-law Denny’s 60th. We are having a great time together, reminiscing and talking about our families (my sisters reminding me once again that they thought I was the spoiled youngest child) and talking about the freedoms of retirement that most of us enjoy.
Friday was spent at Dollywood, which has an entertaining mix of amusement park rides, music, arts and crafts, and food. We listened to some 60’s music, a great gospel quartet, and a bluegrass group that finished up with Carrie‘s favorite, “I‘ll Fly Away.” We almost skipped the bumper cars because they looked too slow, but when we tried them we had so much fun crashing into each other that we had 3 turns at it.
On Saturday we took a ride through Cades Cove in the Smokies and spent the afternoon around the pool enjoying the warmth of the East Tennessee sun. Sunday on to Kentucky.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

helen said...

I agree that the time spent together was great. The weather, lodging, food and activities were all wonderful. I am thankful we could spend this time together. Enjoy your travels.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Nice descriptions of your activities.
Are you reading your emails?
We are home again, and leaving for TO next week.
The SAAB is enjoying the warm weather. I'm glad, because we saw many convertibles with top down in Europe and felt a little twinge.
Dag!
Morris

Anonymous said...

Hey, the bulletin said "daily postings", but that must have been a typo.
Eager to know how you are doing.